Saturday, May 25, 2013
Posted by IUgirl78 at 7:16 PM
Sunday, August 2, 2009
I love my dear sister, we all call her Kris.
Happy Birthday, Kristy! We love you!
Posted by Aunt H at 6:38 AM
Friday, July 10, 2009
...people don't bother me at work while I'm doing them - I must have a serious look of concentration on my face. ;-)
1. I’ve come to realize that my chest-size. . .is not to be taken for granted. I say this because of my numerous friends who've nursed one or several babies.
2. I’ve come to realize that my job. . .is sucky. Wait, be positive! Okay - is only a temporary situation that will provide me with financial security when it comes time to pursue my "dream job." (Better?)
3. I’ve come to realize that when I’m driving. . .I zone out. Kind of a lot.
4. I’ve come to realize that I need. . .water. Like, I drink over 120 ounces a day. I literally get cranky when I don't have it! (although I pee much less)
5. I’ve come that realize that I have lost. . .my mind? No, I've lost my patience with people who are constantly complaining about something, but yet refuse to do anything to change the situation.
6. I’ve come to realize that I hate it when. . .people tailgate me. Although not so bad if number 3 (above) is happening.
7. I’ve come to realize that if I’m drunk. . .I have diarrhea of the mouth. If you want to know my secrets, bring me some Jose!
8. I’ve come to realize that money…if in excess, often makes people unhappy, because they are always wanting the next best thing...and they are never satisfied.
9. I’ve come to realize that certain people. . .aren't in my life anymore because they made me feel bad. If they make you feel bad, why be friends with them?
10. I’ve come to realize that I’ll always. . .be ultra-sensitive.
11. I’ve come to realize that my sibling(s). . .are my best friends, just like mom said they'd be (darnit, she's right again).
12. I’ve come to realize that my mom…loves to nag only because she loves me. And I'm very thankful she does. :-)
13. I’ve come to realize that my cell phone. . .needs to be with me at all times. Or I feel naked.
14. I’ve come to realize that when I woke up this morning. . .I was SO GLAD it was Friday. 2 days free from work!
15. I’ve come to realize that last night before I went to sleep. . .I was only thinking about sleeping in on Saturday.
16. I’ve come to realize that right now I am thinking. . .gosh I love these memes. People think I'm working!
17. I’ve come to realize that my dad. . .is probably the best guy I've ever come across in my life. Ever. And I'm still in awe that I deserve for a man that pure and good to be my father.
18. I’ve come to realize that when I get on Facebook. . .I laugh at my friend Burke who posts updates seriously every 1/2 hour or so. Dude. It's called "Twitter."
19. I’ve come to realize that today. . .is awesome because it's Friday.
20. I’ve come to realize that tonight. . .I will play Merry Maid and chillax with my sistahs!
21. I’ve come to realize that tomorrow. . .I will get to see my grandma and the rest of the fam!
22. I’ve come to realize that I really want to. . .find a rewarding, fulfilling job.
23. I’ve come to realize that the person mostly likely to repost this is. . .not sure about this one!
24. I’ve come to realize that life. . .is about how you look at things. The same sucky thing can happen to two different people, yet they can react in complete opposite ways.
25. I’ve come to realize that this weekend. . .I will be jealous as Kristy and Joel leave for my favorite place (in the U.S.) on Sunday!
26. I’ve realized the best music to listen to when I am upset. . .is currently "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" by Iron & Wine (from the "Twilight" soundtrack). Or Britney Spears in general.
27. I’ve come to realize that my friends. . . are all really funny! Almost as funny as me. hahaha j/k. We tie.
28. I’ve come to realize that this year. . .is going to bring about a lot of change! (NOT in the Cher's daughter kinda way).
29. I’ve come to realize that my exes. . .were kind of jerks, but I don't hate. They were fun!
30. I’ve come to realize that maybe I should. . .get back to work?
31. I’ve come to realize that I love. . .my family.
32. I’ve come to realize that I don’t understand. . .why bad things happen to good people. I know everything happens for a reason, but it's just upsetting when something tragic happens to someone very loving and kind.
33. I’ve come to realize my past. . .involved LOTS of mistakes, from which I am still learning everyday.
34. I’ve come to realize that parties. . .are a time to indulge, but not to the point of being sick (that goes for sweets AND, um, beer).
35. I’ve come to realize that I’m totally terrified. . .of flying. But this won't stop me from doing it...that would mean giving up travel!
36. I’ve come to realize that my life. . .is wonderful and I am very blessed. :-)
Posted by Aunt H at 7:11 AM
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Today we celebrated our little big sister's birthday. No, that wasn't a typo. I always call Holly my little "big" sister since she's taller than me. :)
Here are 10 things we love about Holly.
1) Holly is such a hard worker! She always has several jobs--whether it be teaching or working at Marsh, she is always tutoring and/or babysitting on her "time off." She makes me look pretty lazy! :)
2) Holly loves to exercise and stay healthy. She is always trying some crazy new workout regime, but is consistent in that she is always wanting to do something. Just as in her job, she puts 100% of herself into her workouts.
3) Holly has run 3 marathons--including the Boston Marathon, which she qualified for by running 26.2 miles in 3 hours and 35 minutes or something crazy like that. She rocks.
4) Holly loves kids...and they love her! Of course our kids are crazy about their Aunt Hawa, but even the kids she babysits for or used to teach just adore her.
5) Holly once snuck into the sacristy at my grandparents' church and helped herself to some Communion hosts, before she had even gone through First Communion. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised she didn't get ahold of the wine...
6) Holly loves to help other people--especially her friends and family. I don't know how many times she has come to help us stain our decks, paint rooms in our houses, watch our kids, get water out of our basements--oh, wait--that was just my basement. (Thanks, Holly!)
7) Holly loves to cook and bake. Over the past several years, she has acquired quite an extensive recipe collection. She is constantly searching for and finding new recipes and trying them out on the family. Of course we're happy to reap the benefits of that one! :)
8) Holly spent the first half of her life with straight hair. She got a perm when she was 13 or 14 and the curl just never went away. Now THAT's a permanent perm! :)
9) Holly is a loyal friend/sister. She has always been there to help me through rough patches in my life, and is always there to listen to me or give advice. I also say she is loyal because she is very defensive of her family and would do anything for any one of us. Well, except maybe Joel. Ha!
10) Holly loves to laugh and to make other people laugh. We are always quoting our favorite lines from "Airplane" and can laugh about the same line over and over again. ("A hospital? What is it?" "It's a large building with doctors who treat patients. But that's not important right now.") She has great one-liners and will even laugh at herself--which is just too cute.
Posted by IUgirl78 at 8:14 PM
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Today was my first weigh-in with the Sisterhood, and I lost 4 pounds! Although there is a little part of me that thinks I could have done better, I am pretty happy with my week. I worked out everyday and ate fairly well. I decided that week one I wanted to focus on getting my workouts in and making healthy food choices. I tried to eat an appropriate number of calories, but there was one night when I was still hungry and had a bowl of cereal (it was Raisin Bran, so that's not too bad, right?). Keith and I also had a date night for the first time in a while. We went to Bonefish Grill and I ordered fish with a glass of wine. We also split ice cream later. I know I ate more than I should have, but it's not like we get date nights that often!
This week I'm going to continue to focus on my workouts, which have included Shredding every day as well as another form of cardio most days. This past Saturday I did not Shred since we took an hour-and-a-half-long hike, did yardwork during naptime (lots of digging!), and I cleaned the house from top to bottom later that afternoon. There was just no way I could Shred! I did my video first thing this morning for the first time. I've been doing it during naptime or right after the girls go to bed, but I wanted to see how I felt doing it in the morning. The girls even joined me for the warm-up, then went back to reading their books:
My second goal for the week is to only eat one serving per day of whatever I'm eating. For example, I'm guilty of eating something and wanting another helping that I don't need. So in order to help balance out my diet and allow room for healthier foods, I'm only going to have one serving per food per day. So even though I'd love that second serving of pretzels, I will have to pass. And if that serving of casserole doesn't fill me up, then I will need to load up on the broccoli.
Hopefully I will continue to see results!
Posted by SisterKW at 8:36 PM
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Those of you who know me know that for the past year and a half I've dealt with back pain, back surgery, and rehab from the surgery. With two small children to care for it has not been an easy road. The past two months I have felt awesome, but at the back of my mind I've had this worry that I am going to do something to hurt myself again. I know with time I will get over it (and hopefully won't hurt myself), but for now everything is still fresh in my mind.
So, I've decided to do something about it.
For the past year and a half I've had pain, but I've also had excuses: my back hurts, I'm too tired, I should really rest, I have two little kids who drain my energy (not to mention I need to catch up on my shows, and waste an hour on the computer, and so on). The list of excuses is endless. Now don't get me wrong- I have exercised, but not regularly and not at the intensity that I would like.
Before kids I was a very active person, working out most days and planning exercise into my weekend activities. When we lived in Rhode Island one of my favorite things to do was head down to Beavertail, hike on the rocks, then chill out with a good book. In the summers I would hit the gym for 90 minutes before heading to the beach. I know, life was rough, huh?
When we moved back to Indiana I was so busy settling into our new house that I didn't make time for exercise. When our daughters came along fairly close together it was difficult to find time to workout, except for late at night. Again, though, it was never a regular activity.
But...things have changed.
I've decided that this is my year. The year I get my body back. The year I get strong. The year I build my ab strength so I won't have to worry about hurting my back as much. It is my year, I tell you.
I started shredding three days ago. If you are looking for a good, quick (27 minutes), cheap ($9) exercise video, then you need to get this one. It is hard, but awesome. I finally feel strong again- after only three days! I know it is just the beginning, but it is a start. I've also joined the Sisterhood and am really excited about it. I know that experiencing my journey to better health with others out there is probably what will motivate me the most.
I've started, I'm shredding, and I can't wait to see how quickly my jeans shrink! Stay tuned...
Posted by SisterKW at 9:13 PM
Thursday, January 15, 2009
I have seen this advertised on TV and at first thought it was really dorky- a blanket with sleeves!?! However, since my computer is saying it is -8 outside right now I am no longer thinking this is a dorky product. It is a very useful product- you can even walk around with it on! Plus, it comes with a handy book light for FREE. I think I need to order one.....
Posted by SisterKW at 9:13 PM